DISCOP AFRICA 2013
DISCOP AFRICA 6 – 8 November 2013
There’s never been a better time to approach the future of content business in Africa with confidence.
Africa is empowered by young populations, rising advertising markets, rapid digital switchover processes, strong broadband and mobile penetration, and continued growth in multiscreen viewing and subscription revenues. Africa is also set to transition from a massive importer to producer of entertainment, educational and informative content that is far more locally relevant. Strengthening domestic demand for home-grown content and increased overseas’s interest in Africa’s creativity are boosting regional and international partnerships as well as export opportunities.
Launched in 2008 to meet the Continent’s ambitions, the annual DISCOP AFRICA gathering has been designed to facilitate content development, production and distribution business across and with Africa. Meant also to deliver super fast growth opportunities, the 3-day DISCOP AFRICA program focuses strictly on business deals, high-level connections and transfer of practical knowledge.
The program includes an exhibition showcasing the world’s greatest content brands, fast-track training sessions specifically aimed at independent content producers, a TV format pitching competition, and numerous social functions.
Most important, DISCOP AFRICA delivers FACE TO FACE MEETINGS planned before and during the event. Participants are regrouped under specific categories based of their declared business objectives, and meetings are then set-up by our Johannesburg-based matchmaking team. Having grown to become Africa’s most highly regarded content industry gathering, the next edition of DISCOP AFRICA is set to take place from 6 to 8 November at the SANDTON CONVENTION CENTER in Johannesburg, South-Africa.
2000+ exhibiting and non-exhibiting delegates representing 800+ companies from 70+ countries will be attending, representing:
- CONTENT BUYERS in charge of acquisitions and programming for public and private broadcasters, thematic channels, Pay-TV operators, OTT and mobile platforms, closed-circuit networks, independent producers and territorial agents.
- CONTENT SELLERS distributing films, made for TV content, formats and packaged channels for all platforms.
- CONTENT PRODUCERS seeking funding and distribution opportunities for projects in development.
- FINANCIERS active in regional and international content coproduction.
Content distribution and co-production business in Africa will once again dominate headlines in 2013. Initial research already shows a 50% increase in the number of delegates expected to attend DISCOP AFRICA 2013.
Early registration is therefore recommended to guarantee enough time to organize the maximum number of meetings on behalf of our participants.
DISCOP AFRICA 2013 HIGHLIGHTS WILL ALSO INCLUDE:
- The 2nd edition of the « FORMATS FROM AFRICA» PITCHING COMPETITION / 6 November / 3 PM
- The « WELCOME » COCKTAIL PARTY / 6 November / 6 PM
- The « BOLLYWOOD » PARTY / 6 November / 9 PM
- The « VIVE LA FRANCOPHONIE » PARTY / 7 Nobember / 10 PM
- The « MEET THE STARS FROM AFRICA » Gala Diner Party / 8 November / 7 PM