In a recent survey of DISCOP vendors, 76% of respondents already doing business in the Middle East and North Africa regions declared that their sales had increased by an average of 25% in the last 2 years!
Furthermore, the rise of devoted zones, such as the Dubai Media City, and others in Jordan, Syria and Egypt are improving production values in the region. This will positively impact the future of intra-regional and overseas audiovisual content business in Arabic-speaking countries.
Despite the current crisis, the rate of channel growth shows no sign of diminishing, with 1200 TV channels expected to be operating by 2012 including many of thematic channels scheduled to be launched by major regional players coming under threat from audience fragmentation.
This is why, we have decided to launch a new compact, meetings-centric, hotel-based, market strictly dedicated to television content production, distribution and programming in the broader Middle East, Central Asia and North Africa, a world region see by many as being among the fastest growing markets in our industry.
Premiering from Monday 14 to Wednesday 16 March, 2011, at the 5-star Intercontinental Ceylan Hotel, DISCOP ISTANBUL is formatted to become the cost-effective annual business hub for anybody buying, selling and programming television content in that part of the world.
|Algeria||Iran||Lebanon||Saudi Arabia||United Arab Emirates|
“With TV advertising expenditures to reach $3.5 billion at year’s end, major local and international players launching new channels, Google looking to boost ad revenue with Arabic content, and local mobile operators fuelling their growth with television services - the broader Middle East,” states Urszula Perzanowska, Research Manager for Basic Lead, the organizers of the DISCOP markets, “is a strategic marketplace where major infrastructure initiatives are also well underway, fueling fast-paced digitalization processes in most countries targeted by our Istanbul event.”
Participants will be regrouped into five distinct categories that also include advertisers and their media-buying agencies, independent producers, financiers and media experts who will represent 15% of the overall attendees.
- SELLERS: Suppliers of movies, finished programs, formats, live events, packaged TV channels, and technological solutions.
- BUYERS: General Managers, programming and acquisitions executives representing public and private TV stations, Pay-TV operators, home video distributors, agents, closed circuit networks and territorial formats brokers.
- PRODUCERS: Producers with partially funded projects looking for coproduction partnerships;
- ADVERTISERS: Television advertisers and their agencies looking for branding, cross platforms and product placement opportunities.
- VISITORS: Last minute participants, Experts, speakers and international governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Meetings between BUYERS and SELLERS (only) can be organized online six weeks prior to the event. Access to list of attendees and their business profiles is made available at that time.
In addition and during the course of the event, our MEETINGS ORGANIZATION CENTER is open from 9 AM to 6 PM, in order to help BUYERS and SELLERS average around 40 pre-arranged and last-minute meetings over the 3-day market.
Outside of market hours, numerous social functions and informative sessions are scheduled to provide all participants with additional intelligence-gathering and networking opportunities.
MARKET BADGES range from 300 Euros (BUYERS / VISITORS / ADVERTISERS / PRODUCERS) to 500 Euros (SELLERS) per individual participant.
In order to facilitate the preliminary organization of the meetings companies registering as SELLERS must also book an all-inclusive exhibiting package:
- MEETING TABLES (1000 Euros);
- VIEWING BOXES (2000 Euros);
- SCREENING SUITES (4500 Euros);
- ACADEMY SUITES (6500 Euros).
- EARLY REGISTRATION IS RECOMMENDED
- SEND REQUESTS TO DISCOP(at)BASICLEAD.COM
- FOR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE PLEASE CALL :
PARIS + 33 1 42 29 32 24 / LOS ANGELES + 1 323 782 13 00
- Join our page on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to be updated on the MENA audiovisual sector !
After 15 years of operating independently, DISCOP entered a strategic partnership in 2006 with the US-based National Association of Television Program Executives (NATPE). Combined, DISCOP markets have brought together :
THE DISCOP ISTANBUL™ MARKET IS ORGANIZED BY BASIC LEAD
LOCATED AT 12 RUE DE FARADAY.75017. PARIS. FRANCE.
8230 BEVERLY BLVD., SUITE 25 . LOS ANGELES, CA. 90048
GENERAL INQUIRIES: + 33 1 42 29 32 24 / + 1 323 782 13 00