DISCOP trade-shows facilitate film, television, digital and gaming content distribution and coproduction business with and across Africa.
- A 3-day market driven by pre-organized meetings between delegates seeking to buy, sell, adapt, and coproduce multi-platform, multi-screen entertainment content.
- A knowledge-transfer, development and pitching program dubbed NEXT GEN, featuring a potent trio of tracks curated in partnership with professional organizations:
· DISCOPRO | Focus on development, funding and distribution opportunities available for film, television, digital and gaming content ‘Made in Africa’.
· DISCOMICS | Focus animation, comic books, the evolution of video gaming and special effects and the surging popularity of eSports across Africa.
· DISCORE | Focus on the growing importance of original music produced in Africa in the success of TV series that must travel all over the world.
- A social program honoring a strategic Guest Country and delivering necessary connections to build relationships, pitch projects and close deals.
Global and regional SELLERS | PRODUCERS of film, television, digital, gaming and music content and adaptation rights.
BUYERS from Africa representing acquisition, programming, commissioning, production, marketing and music supervision executives from public and commercial broadcasters; cable, satellite and mobile pay-tv operators; video streaming and gaming platforms; brands and advertising agencies; established production companies and regional distributors.
International INFLUENCERS driving education, growth, industry visibility, investments and regulations in Africa’s entertainment and media industry.
Delegates can attend WITH or WITHOUT an exhibit, and have access to personalized and automated meetings organization assistance, lists of confirmed delegates complete with contact details and business profiles, visa request support, and discounted travel packages. Delegates attending without an exhibit can use the MEETINGS ON DEMAND LOUNGE to set-up their meetings.
In 2018, three DISCOP trade-shows will be held in Abidjan (Ivory Coast), Zanzibar (Tanzania) and Johannesburg (South Africa). They will welcome 2,000+ unique delegates representing 1,500+ unique entertainment and media companies from 110+ countries.
In a move to double attendance by 2020, two new DISCOP trade-shows will be launched in 2019, in Sharm El Sheikh (Egypt) and Lagos (Nigeria) bringing to five the number of DISCOP trade-shows servicing Africa.
Indeed, noticeable trends already point to how massive homegrown content consumption, intra-African trade and regional cooperation will be the dominant forces in shaping the Continent’s entertainment and media marketplace.