Music is a significant part of any television show or film. Production companies, who produce these audiovisual works, sometimes hire a composer to write the music, an artist to reproduce a previously existing song or seek the music rights to use an existing recording. This session will expressly look at the role Africa’s reservoir of musical talent can play in the fast-evolving, cross border, film, television, digital content production global ecosystem.
Moderated by Mike STRANO | Founding Director | PHAT Music & Entertainment Ltd.
- David ALEXANDER | Founder & Managing Director | SHEER PUBLISHING AFRICA
- Andrea DA SILVA | Global Team Leader, Media & Entertainment | US DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
- Kurt SLABBERT | Composer & Producer | BLUENOISE PRODUCTIONS
- Todd BROWN | Head of International Acquisitions | XYZ FILMS
- Marc ALGRANTI | Executive Music Producer / Supervisor | PULSE MUSIC
- Enyi OMERUAH | Partner | SEE FEEM
- Michael BALKIND | Director | CONTENTBAR