Two years after launching its on-demand service, Naspers’ South African streamer, Showmax has begun production of its first original series in a move signaling the company’s intent to build on its strategy of developing content for African markets. This session will explore the development, co-production and distribution strategies of popular streaming services and determine how these strategies will benefit independents producing content “Made in Africa”.
Moderated by Russell SOUTHWOOD | Editor in Chief | BALANCING ACT
· Chris SAVIDES, HEAD: AFRICA | SHOWMAX
· Denis PAGNAC | Founder & CEO | SUMMVIEW
· Manny TEIXEIRA | Group Head: Digital Media and Services | MTN
· Thabo Dabengwa | Manager | REEL AFRICAN
· Olivia KIPRE DADIE | Digital & Communications Manager | COTE OUEST