REGISTRATION FOR DISCOP SHARM EL SHEIKH IS OPEN
In a move to welcome a stronger contingent of independent content producers, DISCOP has moved its Dubai market and coproduction forum to Sharm El Sheikh in Egypt.
Conveniently slated at the beginning of the year from 26 to 28 February, the inaugural edition of DISCOP Sharm El Sheikh will take place at the Martim Jolie Ville Royal Peninsula Hotel and Resort situated at a highly desirable location.
This decision meets the demands of broadcasters, pay-tv operators, mobile networks and streaming platforms actively seeking home-grown shows that resonate better with Middle Eastern and North African audiences and advertisers.
Attendance is already expected to double.
Here is why 1,000+ delegates will choose DISCOP Sharm El-Sheikh in 2019 to source, sell and promote content, adaptation rights and projects in development.
· Reinforced pitching program
· The strength of Egypt’s entertainment and media industry
· Africa’s appetite for Middle Eastern content
· The accessibility of Sharm El-Sheikh as a destination
They will also attend because of the detailed attention given by DISCOP to the planning of meetings between regional buyers, global vendors and local producers.
Two months before the market, buyers will be able to screen programs online and book chat sessions with ‘personal shoppers’ fluent in Arabic, English and French who will help them navigate through the offerings and set-up meetings with vendors and producers.
Online registration for non-exhibiting delegates will be open from Monday 6 August. For more comfort, you can already book an exhibit and request our ‘Presentation Kit’ and ‘Floor Plan’ directly online.
Please note that we are seeking industry experts to speak during the ‘Next Gen’ development and pitching program running in parallel to the 3-day market.
The program will put a special focus on:
- Egypt’s booming animation industry;
- Partnership opportunities with Saudi Arabia, DISCOP Sham El Sheikh’s Guest Country;
- The rapid emergence of the video-gaming sector;
- The disrupting effect of the blockchain technology;
- New mobile distribution strategies;
- Close-up on Nigeria, the world’s fastest growing entertainment and media marketplace;
- Regional merchandising and licensing strategies;
IMPORTANT DATES FOR DISCOP SHARM EL SHEIKH
- 30 JULY: Travel packages available
- 3 SEPTEMBER: ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL OPEN
- 19 NOVEMBER: Meetings on Demand assistance to start - First list of confirmed delegates available